Thursday, September 27, 2012

Project Management Coach


One of the projects or activities that I will be participating in this semester is coaching students in the ITEC 560 - Project Management class. This class teaches students all of the processes, knowledge areas, and process groups that are covered in the PMBOK (Project Management Book of Knowledge). When I was in that class last semester, I had the opportunity to compete in the Inter-Collegiate Project Management Triathlon in Pittsburgh. This was a very exciting and engaging competition and I enjoyed my visit to Pittsburgh. The purpose of me coaching the students is to not only help them learn the material, but to also encourage them and excite them about competing in the Triathlon next semester. As a coach, I will be mentoring the students during four quiz bowls this semester, which replicate the competition in the Triathlon. I'm excited about this opportunity and I hope the students are encouraged to participate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment