Thursday, September 27, 2012

Science and Engineering Career Fair


Last week, I attended the science and engineering career fair at USC. This event was very important to me because as a December graduate, I am on the hunt for a job. This event gave me the opportunity to talk with recruiters and potential employers, specifically looking for students in my field. Not only was I able to speak with representatives from major companies, but I got to give them my resume and exchange contact information. Some of the companies that I spoke with include Blue Cross Blue Shield of SC, Spawar, CGI, Duke Energy, and Safe Systems. All of these are great companies that I wouldn't mind working for in the future. I am very happy to have had this opportunity and I have already followed up with some of the recruiters. There will be other career fairs hosted this semester, and I encourage any students who are interested in finding a job, or who just want to gain experience and network opportunities to attend. Below is a video from a career fair that was hosted last semester, Spring 2012. As you can see from the positive feedback, students are very excited about the opportunity to meet and talk with employers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment