Friday, October 26, 2012


As part of my Capstone course this semester, I joined the Project Management Institute - South Carolina Midlands Chapter. As a member, I have the opportunity to attend local meetings and ceremonies with fellow project management students and professionals. Last week, I attended a PMI lunch at IT-oLogy and was able to work as a volunteer doing registration. I got to meet the president of the local chapter and sit in on the keynote presentation. After I finish my capstone course, I will have the opportunity to take the CAPM (certified associate in project management) test. It is one of the best certifications for a professional in the IT field right now. I think it's great that I can get this kind of exposure as a student. Everybody knows that professional networking is crucial to a successful career and I am getting more networking opportunities as a student in this degree than most people get in a lifetime. I am looking forward to future networking opportunities as I finish my last semester at USC. I'm excited to start a career after I graduate and I'm sure that the contacts I have made thus far will assist me in my future endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment